Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Vows

Here's my question . . . the unresolved issue that I am wrestling with. What does it mean to make a vow - what does it mean to break a vow . . .

I am right now sort of an non-married woman. I mean I am still legally married, but I am so not married. We married a long time ago. We have lived apart for nearly two years and he chose another person as a new soul mate long before that. We are over - no question about that. I can never see myself living with him again and after two years that fact no longer hurts. There is no one else in my life and I don't know if that matters. I have reached a point where I don't need a mate to be okay.

But . . . divorce . . I am having a hard time with that. I made a vow. A friend of mine tells me I am not held to that vow, because my husband broke the vows first. I know I need to make this step to move on with my life, but it just seems wrong.

Am I crazy or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment