Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Random thoughts

I think it is interesting, but not necessarily appropriate, that my first real attempt to blog comes only after a few glasses of white zinfindel. Maybe no one will read this or maybe I will look at it in a totally sober moment and delete it. No matter, I am in the mood to write, so here it goes.

I am a person who is learning a lot about myself. About 2 years ago, my world fell apart in that my marriage finally bit the dust. It had been heading that way for a while. I have gone through a tremendous amount of pain, anxiety and fear since then, but also so much growth. I am through the majority of the bad stuff now and am excited about the changes that have happened and are happening within me. Excited and a bit scared.

I LOVE being a mom & recognize that I tend to do the mom bit a lot with people who aren't even my kids. I have 2 fantastic, beautiful & smart daughters. I am amazed that they actually are my kids. I also have WAY too many pets on account of my inability to say "no". I have 4 cats and 3 dogs, none of which I actually voluntarily brought into my home. But once they got here they had a home.

I am finally and joyfully, developing spiritually. I am a slow learner, but thanks to a great church and to God, I am starting to learn and truly believe in a way that was never possible for me before.

Life is good . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment